Friday, January 22, 2010

Getting Started


Once I decided on the task of getting the entire 1976 Topps set signed I needed to pick up some 1976 Topps cards. I did not have a single one from my very small childhood collection. I looked at buying an entire set on eBay but that bored me. I wanted to build the set as I would if I could in 1976. A few cards at a time. Being a Dodgers fan, I did a search on eBay for "1976 Topps Dodgers" and found about a 20 card set for around $7. Perfect. Over the last few months I have sent out almost all of them and have had some returns. The returns are: Al Downing, LeRon Lee, Charlie Hough, Doug Rau, Andy Messersmith (did not sign, but wrote a note that he would not sign), Ron Cey and Ken McMullen. There are still quite a few out there and still a few that I need to send out. I try to send out some cards from other years so that my sons can enjoy getting the mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment